Rust is often seen on steel, iron and stone. It develops on just any surface which has iron deposits....
Granite Flooring Review | Pros and Cons
Granite stone is elegance personified. It is quite durable and adds beauty to your floorings, countertops and showers. But this stone does not come without flaws of its own. Granite is a porous substance and its porosity factor makes it susceptible to moisture absorption, leading to mold and germ breeding. Here we will discuss all the pros and cons of installing a granite flooring.
General Characteristics of Granite Stone:
- Of all natural stones, granite is the most durable and strong.
- It looks unique, elegant and sturdy.
- Granite is a beautiful natural stone available in many patterns and colors to choose from.
- Granite showcases longevity and immense strength.
Pros and Cons:
- Granite is sturdier than other natural stones and hence a more common choice for floorings.
- Granite is used for kitchen countertops and showers as well as it is less porous as compared to other natural stones.
- The stone is visually appealing and is available in myriad colors, patterns and designs.
- Granite is the most stain-resistant of all natural stones.
- It is also durable and does not get cracked easily.
- Granite gets easily stained and etched due to acidic beverage and food spills. Acidic cleaners also lead to etching.
- Granite in showers faces the problem of hard water stains and soap scum accumulation.
- You might find your stone to lose its shine and lustre after a few years.
- Granite countertops get scratched if you cut your fruits and vegetables directly on the surface.
These are the general characteristics, pros and cons of the stone. We will now discuss how the common issues of granite flooring, countertop or showers can be rectified. Revolutionary procedures and high-quality products can now restore the sheen and bring back the original lustre.
How to Remove the Stains from your Granite Stone Tile?
Granite stone gets attacked by different kinds of stains. Whether it is installed in your shower, countertops or other surfaces, you can find soap scum, hard water stains, mold, etching, food and beverage stains, grease and dirt accumulate on the surface, tarnishing its beauty and integrity. For a thorough granite cleaning, you need to use a heavy duty cleaner, which penetrates deep in the porous natural stone and knocks off the stains and mold at the root level. Using acidic cleaners might cause etching on your stone and so pick penetrating cleaners with a high PH balance to get rid of stains.
You can try using Imperia Deep Clean as it is deep-penetrative and eliminates all the stains and mold at the root level. It also does not cause etching on the surface.
How to Prevent Stains from Occurring Again?
After cleaning of granite countertops and floorings, you cannot guarantee that stains will not occur again. You need a high-quality sealer to seal granite stone and to make it water-resistant. Such a sealer forms a protective barrier on the surface, thereby preventing further moisture absorption and staining. You need to seal the grout separately too.
For grout sealing, you can try Caponi – a two part pigmented titanium based solvent epoxy grout sealer. You can try using Valore Sealer – an incredible sealer that forms a waterproof layer on the tile surface and also restores the lost sheen.
How to Repair the Cracks on Granite Stone?
Powerful adhesives can repair cracks and hairline fractures on granite stone tile. High-quality adhesives render a seamless repair job and also do not appear bulky on the surface. You will not need to change the entire granite tile incase of a crack.
You can use Sentura – A two-part pigmented flexible solvent-based epoxy/resin sealer based on 1200psi adhesion that delivers an amazing repair job.
How to Maintain Granite Stone Tile after Sealing?
After granite cleaning and sealing, you can protect your stone from further stains with a maintenance cleaner.
Granite flooring, countertops and showers can be restored this way by the above-mentioned procedures. If you feel it’s not your cup of tea, you can leave the job to experts. They have better expertise and training to handle such restoration jobs. One such expert company offering high-class granite restoration services is D’Sapone in the US.
They offer a 5-year labor warranty on their services. They have patented our procedures and have a team of expert artists who will restore your stone to perfection.
If you want to perform the tasks yourself, you can use premium quality products from pFOkUS – a leading stone, tile, grout and glass restoration products manufacturing company in the US. Even D’Sapone uses products manufactured by pFOkUS for their services.