Installing granite countertops or floorings is a great idea as it is a very durable natural stone and also...
How to Fix Cracked Grout on Tile Floor?
Are you irritated with the cracked grout in your home and office flooring? Cracked and missing grout is a common occurrence in all kinds of floors whether marble, slate, granite, ceramic, porcelain, vitrified or any other. These give an unmaintained look to your interiors even if the surface is clean. If your contractor is suggesting you to regrout, then you must know that there are better solutions available. In this blog, we will discuss how to fix cracked grout forever using pFOkUS’ Sentura.
Understand the Problems with Grout:
- Grout is a porous surface. It sponges up moisture, water and provides a great breeding ground for mold and mildew.
- Shower grout is constantly wet and it stains rather quickly, giving the grout lines a dirty and dark appearance.
- Grout easily cracks when not installed properly or due to heavy impact. The spaces where grout goes missing, collect water and lead to mold breeding.
- No matter how clean your tile is, but if your grout is not getting the right care, it will ruin your entire surface.
Conventional Solutions Offered:
It is a common practice to get regrouting done whenever grout gets cracked, goes missing or gets discolored. This regrouting procedure is nothing but adding another layer of the same grout material on the top of the existing grout lines. It may look neat for sometime, but this again will get deteriorated in some months. Again your contractor suggests you to get regrouting done and this way, you get into a continuous loop. You only end up wasting time and money.
Permanent Solution to Resolving Cracked Grout Issues:
pFOkUS never suggests its customers to go for regrouting if their grout is cracked and missing. We have permanently eliminated regrouting and tile replacement with our incredible product – Sentura. It is a 2 part pigmented solvent based flexible epoxy/resin that comes with a 1200psi adhesion. You can pigment this product in over 40 colors to deliver your surface that lush natural look. Once you pigment it, you can repair the cracked and missing grout using Sentura, rendering that seamless finish with its sleek appearance. Some people use low quality adhesives for fixing cracked grout, but these too do not deliver that beautiful and natural look like Sentura. It is unlike the common low quality adhesives available on the market as it repairs cracked grout forever.
Here is how to Use Sentura:
Please follow the instructions given below to perform a tile repair job without replacing tile using Sentura:
- Sentura Part A
- Sentura Part B
- Empty Container
- Spatula for mixing
- Combine all part A products and part B products in the empty container.
- Mix thoroughly in the empty container.
- Put mixed material into the applicator bag.
- Fill all the cracks and voids with Sentura.
- Use water to smooth Sentura.
Further Protecting your Grout:
After you have filled in the gaps and cracks with Sentura, you need to seal the grout lines with Caponi to prevent further cracking grout issues. Caponi is our titanium pigmented solvent based epoxy/resin grout sealer. Not only does Caponi help in preventing further cracking of the grout, but it also prevents dense staining or mold formation on the surface. It forms a waterproof layer on the grout, preventing it from absorbing any moisture or liquids which lead to germs and mold breeding. Caponi keeps the grout clean and dry from within. Our colored grout sealer can be pigmented with Sentura to deliver a beautiful and matching grout.
Here is How to Use Caponi:
- Grout Paint Brush
- Wait for the grout lines to dry completely after cleaning. After the grout has dried thoroughly, you can apply Caponi to seal the lines. We recommend you to use an Italian made grout painting brush to apply Caponi. You can use pFOkUS grout paint brush to apply Caponi.
- Apply the sealant in a smooth and even coat over the grout lines.
- After applying Caponi on the grout lines, you can wipe off the excess build-up using Alco – a paint thinner. Both Sentura and Caponi are not water-solvent. Extra build-up is bound to happen on applying these products on the grout. Alco is our alcohol-based thinner, which helps to clean the extra-build up, revealing a clean and tidy grout line beneath.
These are simple and easy instructions from pFOkUS on how to fix cracked grout. If you do not have the time to do this yourself, you can hire D’Sapone – a leading stone, tile, glass and grout restoration service provider to fix your cracked grout. They have expert artists who perform patented procedures using pFOkUS’ products. D’Sapone offers a 5-year labor warranty on their grout restoration service.