It is that time of the year when festivals visit us back to back. These obviously bring a lot...
How to Remove Rust Stains from Natural Stone Surface?
Subscribe Us to get notified whenever we post a blog with useful info.
Rust is often seen on steel, iron and stone. It develops on just any surface which has iron deposits. Natural stone tile is also prone to rust formation because of its molecular structure and chemical composition. A rust-like coloring and light veining on light colored natural stone depict that there are iron deposits on the surface which attract rust formation. If you ignore this initial discoloration, then probably, the iron deposits would go through the chemical process of oxidization, leading to severe rust formation on your natural stone tile. Homeowners with natural stone floors, countertops and showers have to be careful about this rust formation. If the stone has a high concentration of iron deposits, it is likely that rust stains would start forming from deep within. Here is what you can do to remove rust stains and prevent them from forming too.
Removing Rust Stains from Stone:
With so many cleaning agents available in the market today, often choosing the right one can be a big problem. You must keep in mind never to use acidic cleaners and other home cleaning agents as these might make matters worse. You should also avoid using vinegar, lemon juice and other home remedies and these are acidic too. Acidic products can easily damage the sheen and outer coating of your natural stone, making them look dull. Also, avoid using steel scrubbers as these can cause abrasion.
Imperia Deep Clean is a very effective alkaline cleaner, highly suitable to remove rust stains from natural stone. It is a deep soaking cleaner, which penetrates the surface and eliminates the iron deposits, dirt, grease, oil, stains and mold from within.
Here is How you can Use Imperia Deep Clean:
- First, fill the sprayer bottle with the concentrated solution of Imperia Deep Clean.
- Next, fill the sprayer bottle with hot water upto 1 gallon.
- Fill a second sprayer bottle with hot water. After solutions are ready, start spraying from top to bottom.
- Spray on the natural stone surface and allow to dry for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Re-apply our rust stain remover and retract the surface along with the corners.
Prevent Rust Stains on Stone:
Just by removing rust stains from stone, you cannot guarantee that these stains cannot develop again. You need to get a protective seal on your natural stone surfaces to avoid rust formation again. The best way to tackle rust stains is to avoid their formation in the first place. But, if your surface has formed stains, then you can use our oil stain remover for natural stone to remove the marks and then use a natural stone sealer to form a protective layer on the surface, thereby preventing further stain formation. By keeping natural stone tile properly sealed, you only need to remove rust stains and superficially forming dirt marks, which are easy to remove.
Celine is our natural stone sealer, which is the best product for preserving the beauty of your surfaces. It is a clear topical solvent-based epoxy resin sealer, which creates a hydrophobic surface, while penetrating deep into the tile. Once the surface is cleaned using Imperia Deep Clean, the pores of the natural stone open up. Celine shuts the pores to prevent the occurrence of stains again. It is not bulky like other sealers and also adds a slight sheen to the surface.
Here is How you can Use Celine:
- Ensure that there is no dampness and the surface is completely dry.
- Now, apply an even coat of Celine on the surface. You can use an applicator if you need to spread it evenly. The first coat will dry to a semi-gloss finish.
- Allow Celine to dry for 48 hours before exposing it to moisture.
- You can check with a small water test after 48 hours. You will notice that the water will remain like droplets on the surface unlike before application of Celine, when the water used to get absorbed quickly.
- After 48 hours, you need to apply the second coat. Apply it patiently for 1-5 hours and you will see a very high gloss sheen of the stone.
Maintaining Stone Surface by Removing Stains and Superficial Rust:
After you have cleaned and sealed your natural stone, you have managed to protect your surfaces from deep damage. Now you might only get a superficial buildup of rust and dirt on the surface, which can be easily removed using a regular cleaner and a soft brush. The presence of the seal now stops oxidized liquids from seeping through the stone’s pores, thereby protecting them from the root level.
Imperia Maintenance Cleaner is our regular cleaner apt for performing your weekly maintenance tasks. This acts as a fresh cleaner, which removes all the dirt and grime accumulated on the surface. Our tile and grout cleaner makes your weekly cleaning tasks easier and effortless.
Here is How you can Use Imperia Maintenance Cleaner:
- Spray Imperia Maintenance Cleaner on your stone surfaces and clean with a soft cloth.
- You will find your stone sparkling with a natural sheen.
If you follow these step-by-step procedures to remove rust stains, your natural stone can stay protected and beautiful for long. Grab our products today to give your natural stone a new makeover! Give us a call today at (800) 977-8313.