Even the best quality travertine stone gets dull in a few years if not cleaned, maintained and sealed well....
Which is Better – High-Quality Mold and Mildew Removers or Home Remedies
Mold is disgusting to look at and annoying to deal with. To top it all, it is also smelly and hazardous to health. Regardless of how much effort you put in cleaning your tile and grout, this nasty looking greenish black growth manages to crop up every few days. Mold kind of has a love affair with dampness and so its favorite place for habituation is your home bathroom and shower. You may have used several products to remove mold, but you crave the fresh sanitization and hygienic look your bathroom once had. The reason behind this is that most mold and mildew removers are unable to remove mold completely.
A common solution buzzing around the internet is to try several home remedies for mold and mildew removal. So, are these any good? Should you, instead, go in for a better and high-quality mold and mildew cleaner? We suggest using high-quality mold, mildew and stain removers, such as Imperia Deep Clean and Benaz from pFOkUS. These high-quality mold and mildew removers deliver the best results when compared with home remedies. Let us find out how.
But first, let us understand more about mold and mildew so that we know what kind of cleaners will be most effective.
What Leads to Mold Formation?
Mold loves to thrive in damp places such as shower corners, tile and grout. It breeds in places that rae moist and warm. Shower areas are always susceptible to water splashes. Regardless of how dry you may keep them, if you have not sealed your surfaces, moisture penetrates inside the pores of tile and grout, leading to formation of black mold in shower.
Problems with Mold:
- Mold reeks of a bad odor.
- Mold and mildew rapidly spread over the full area surface in just a few hours.
- They leave a blackish green residue that ruins the look of your floors, walls and counters.
- Mold and mildew cause health issues like respiratory troubles and eye infections. They also lead to wheezing.
- If not removed immediately, it can enter deep into the pores of the tile and grout, further deteriorating the stone.
How to Deal with Mold and Mildew?
There are two ways to deal with mold and mildew. Either you invest in a low-quality or high-quality mold and mildew remover, or you use home remedies. There are professionals offering service for mold and mildew remediation as well, but, if you want to indulge in a diy mold removal task, you need to have the best products at hand. First, let us understand what kind of home remedies are available and their pros and cons.
DIY Mold Removal Using Home Remedies:
The common home remedies include vinegar, baking soda and lemon. People also use colgate, liquid dishwashing soap, hydrogen peroxide and many other home remedies also, but here, we shall only discuss the pros and cons of the first three.
Vinegar when mixed with baking soda, forms a cheap home remedy for mold removal. This homemade mildew remover works best when mixed in equal parts with baking soda to form a paste. This paste can be applied and then scrubbed on the tile and grout infested with mold and mildew. You need a scrubbing brush to scrub the tile and grout.
- This paste works out cheaper than any store bought product.
- It is easily available.
- It cleans the visible mold and mildew on your tile and grout.
- Vinegar is not advised to use on natural stone tile such as marble and limestone. This limits its use.
- Vinegar is acidic and if you leave it for long on stone tile, it may cause etch marks.
- You need to put in some effort to scrub vinegar and baking soda on all your tile and grout in a bathroom. For this purpose, you may need a lot of quantity, which will eventually work out the same as a high-quality store bought mold and mildew remover.
- Vinegar and baking soda may not be able to penetrate deep into the pores of porous tile and grout and may not be able to remove the deep-rooted mold. This paste is effective only on superfluous mold.
Baking soda can alone be used as a DIY mold cleaner. You can mix it with water to form a paste. You need to then apply this paste on the entire tile and grout surface and then scrub with a non-abrasive scrubbing tool.
- Baking soda is quite effective in rendering your tile and grout mold and mildew free.
- It has no smell and so, your surfaces will not reek of any smell.
- It is easy to find,
- It is alkaline in nature and hence, it won’t cause any damage to your surfaces.
- Baking soda is fine if you have to clean a small portion, but for large areas, you may need quite a lot of baking soda, which will not work out cheap.
- Baking soda is not able to penetrate deep into the pores of dirty tile and grout and so, the mold breeding at the root level cannot be eliminated.
Many people use lemon added in baking soda or in their cleaning water to remove mold and mildew. You can add a few drops of dishwashing liquid and a generous amount of lemon drops to your cleaning water. Pour this water on the mold infested surface and scrub with a scrubbing brush.
- Lemon leaves a fresh odor.
- It also removes dense stains.
- It is a proven mold and mildew killer.
- Using too little lemon will not give any substantial results.
- Lemon is acidic, and so, using too much lemon will leave etching marks on the tile and grout.
- Lemon used directly on tile and grout will cause discoloration of grout and fading of tile.
How pFOkUS’ High-Quality Mold and Mildew Removers are Better than Other Cleaners?
There are many mold cleaners available in Big Box stores. Fancy advertising and cheap pricing may lure you to buy these, but you should be aware of their acidic content. Most of these cleaners are acidic and may cause etching marks on your surfaces.
When we talk of high-quality mold and mildew removers, we mean products that have been specially formulated keeping the delicate nature of stone, tile, glass and grout in mind. Such products are formulated with an alkaline or neutral base so that they do not harm the surfaces. Furthermore, they also have robust formulations that can efficiently clean stubborn mold and mildew. You also need to look for deep-penetrative cleaners, which can easily penetrate porous tile and grout and eliminate mold and mildew breeding from the root. You can choose a high-quality cleaner yourself by checking the ingredients to ensure that the product is not acidic. Below we have mentioned our exquisite cleaners, Imperia Deep Clean – a deep penetrating stone, tile and grout cleaner, and Benaz – an incredible glass and cultured marble cleaner.
Imperia Deep Clean – a Deep Penetrating Cleaner:
Ceramic, porcelain, natural stone tile and grout should always be cleaned with a high quality cleaner to keep their beauty, else they will look worse with all the mold and mildew. Our Imperia Deep Clean has been formulated keeping the characteristics of mold and mildew in mind. Below we have mentioned the advantages of Imperia Deep Clean.
- Natural stone and grout are very porous which allow any liquids to soak into the surface, causing mold and mildew. Other cleaners remove these damages only form the top of the surface while causing etching issues, but Imperia Deep Clean penetrates deep into the surface and eliminates all the mold and mildew from the root.
- It is one of the few tile and grout approved cleaners that does not cause any damage to their delicate surfaces, yet manages to remove dense mold and staining from their surfaces.
- Not only does it clean the shower, floor and countertop, it also preps and sanitizes them while cleaning the surface by removing all the stains, mold and existing sealers.
- It has an alkaline base and also leaves a fresh fragrance after use.
Benaz – A High-Quality Cultured Marble and Glass Cleaner:
Glass installed in showers and bathrooms have mold and mildew development as they are constantly damp. Furthermore, cultured marble used in bathrooms and kitchen counters also gets mold and mildew formation easily. Imperia Deep Clean cannot be used on glass and cultured marble as it can lead to etching. Our Benaz has been formulated keeping the delicate nature of glass and cultured marble in mind. Below we have mentioned the advantages of using Benaz.
- Benaz thoroughly removes all the hard water stains, soap scums, mold and etching from the glass door and cultured marble. Low quality products simply remove stains, but are ineffective over etching. Acidic cleaners also cause etching on both the surfaces.
- Benaz delivers an ideal tidiness to your glass and cultured marble surfaces without damaging the sheen. It reveals an ideal clarity and makes them shine.
After weighing the pros and cons of home remedies and low-quality mold and mildew removers, it is obvious that one should invest in high-quality mold and mildew removers, if one wants to maintain the beauty and integrity of their surfaces. Imperia Deep Clean and Benaz are clear winners. pFOkUS also has two maintenance cleaners – Imperia Maintenance and Valore Maintenance designed to clean superfluous mold and mildew from tile, grout, stone and glass surfaces. Of the two, Valore Maintenance is stronger as it is infused with 6.97% H2O2.
If you do not have the time to perform the restoration yourself, you can hire professional services from D’Sapone. They have expert artists to carry out restoration using patented services.