You all love spending time in your swimming pool at home. You even call your friends and relatives to...
Ceramic Tile Floor Cleaning – Do’s and Don’ts
Subscribe Us to get notified whenever we post a blog with useful info.
Are you wondering how to perform ceramic tile floor cleaning to remove all the stains from the surface without damaging your tile? There are so many cleaners available on the market, that one can easily make a mistake choosing the right product. Even if you find the right cleaner, small negligence can lead to major issues with your ceramic surfaces. In this article, we will discuss the do’s and don’ts of ceramic tile cleaning so that you can maintain the sparkle and lustre of your surfaces for long.
First, let us understand some characteristics of Ceramic Tile before we proceed to how we should clean it.
Ceramic Tile Characteristics:
- Ceramic tile is not as porous as natural stone tile like marble, travertine or slate.
- Yet, it is porous to some degree and needs to be cleaned with good-quality penetrative cleaners that can ensure complete hygiene and sanitization of the surfaces.
- Regardless of it being somewhat non-porous, it does tend to get stubborn or dense stains due to oil, grease, grime and dirt.
- Food and beverage spills, if not cleaned quickly, may leave a mark or stain on the surface.
- Ceramic tile can get etched on using acidic cleaners.
- Acidic fruit juices or beverage spills on the surface also cause etching.
- Etching marks are nothing but corrosion of the top enamel coating of the tile. This forms a rough patch, which easily absorbs dirt and forms denser stains.
Ceramic tile floor cleaning has to be done in a certain way to avoid your tile getting spoilt. Here are some do’s and don’ts of cleaning on a ceramic surface.
Do’s of Ceramic Tile Cleaning:
- Always clean the food and beverage spills as quickly as possible to avoid getting stains on the tile surface. If you leave the spills for long, the stains will get deeper into the surface, leading to permanent damage.
- When using a tile cleaner for cleaning ceramic floors, ensure that it is robust and deep-penetrative, so that you do not leave any possibility of hidden stains inside the surface.
- When cleaning ceramic floors, also concentrate on cleaning the grout. Grout is a porous mix of sand and cement, added between two tiles to join them. Grout lines absorb water when not sealed and lead to staining and mold breeding.
- It is best to clean ceramic tile and grout with a tile and grout cleaning brush of high-quality. The bristles should be strong enough to swivel in all directions to remove the hidden stains and mold. You can use our high-quality tile and grout cleaning tool from pFOkUS for cleaning your surface.
Don’ts of Ceramic Tile Cleaning:
- Never use acidic cleaners for ceramic tile floor cleaning. Acidic cleaners cause etching on the surface and ruin the look and beauty of your surfaces for long.
- Never leave water or dampness on the tile for long. Mold and mildew love to breed in damp places. Once mold forms on a small area, it quickly spreads to the entire surface. Mold and mildew not only reek of bad odor, but also cause respiratory troubles and eye infections. Mold removal should be done immediately as soon as you notice any blackish green residue on your ceramic tile. Just wipe off the residue with a clean cloth and clean the surface with a robust ceramic tile cleaner. Also, ensure that you dry the surface completely.
- Do not use sharp tools or abrasives to scrub the surface. These may cause scratches on the floor, ruining the beauty of your tile.
Which is a Recommended Ceramic Tile Floor Cleaner?
Imperia Deep Clean is a recommended cleaner that is very effective in removing stains, mold and grease from ceramic surfaces. This is a deep-penetrative, robust cleaner, soaking deep into the surface to eliminate all the deep rooted mold and stains without damaging the tile. Imperia Deep Clean does not only clean the surface, it also preps and sanitizes the tile and grout while bringing that perfect cleanliness Manufactured by pFOkUS – one of the leading restoration products manufacturing companies in the US, this tile and grout floor cleaner is simply the best as it is manufactured after years of research in the laboratories.
So, if you are looking for ceramic tile floor cleaning the right way, follow the instructions given above. Use Imperia Deep Clean for cleaning ceramic tile if you plan to do the cleaning yourself. Watch out our Imperia Deep Clean Direction video to know how to use this cleaner. If you do not have the time to do it yourself, you can also contact D’Sapone – a paramount hard surface restoration service provider in the US for getting the job done for you.