Travertine is a costly natural stone, yet it is preferred by many of you for your showers, floorings and...
How to make your Granite Floors and Countertops Stain-Free
Installing granite countertops or floorings is a great idea as it is a very durable natural stone and also imparts a beautiful look to the interiors. Both surfaces get frequently stained by food and beverage spills, dirt and dust accumulation and other stains. You might be putting in a lot of effort removing this grime daily. But whatever you do, they reappear the next day. So is there any permanent solution to this? Well, you can make your granite floors and countertops stain-free by using an incredible cleaner and then sealing the surface to prevent re-staining.
First, let us understand the characteristics of this natural stone.
Characteristics of Granite:
- Granite is a naturally appearing stone that has a distinctive interlocking crystal structure. The stone is very strong and comes with a grainy look.
- It is quite durable and non-porous to a certain degree.
- Most people use granite on their countertops and floors.
- It is heat-resistant and hence preferred to be installed near a cooktop.
As per the characteristics mentioned above, you might assume that it is a very durable and strong stone. It undoubtedly is, but granite also has it’s own share of problems. It needs to be well-maintained to prevent it from staining.
Problems Faced by Granite Countertops:
- Granite countertops have a tendency to retain juice and liquid spills, fruit stains, wine stains and other food items that penetrate into its surface, causing mold and mildew breeding.
- The porosity factor also causes these stains to get denser and deep-set.
- Over a period of time, sticky grime settles on the kitchen countertops.
- If you clean them with acidic cleaners, the stone easily gets etched.
Problems Faced by Granite Floors:
- Granite floors face rough usage due to human treading, and subsequent dust and dirt accumulation.
- Water spills and other sticky food spills result in dense and stubborn stains on its surface.
- These stains get deeper into the porous natural stone, resulting in mold and mildew breeding and staining at the root level.
- Etching may result due to the use of acidic cleaners.
How to Remove the Stains from your Granite Stone Tile?
There are various kinds of stains which attack your granite stone. Whether it is installed in your shower, countertops or floors, you can find soap scum, hard water stains, mold, etching, food and beverage stains, grease and dirt accumulate on the surface, tarnishing its beauty and integrity. For a thorough granite countertops cleaning or floor cleaning, you need to use a heavy duty cleaner, which penetrates deep in the porous natural stone and knocks off the stains and mold at the root level. You should use only granite approved cleaners for cleaning granite floors and countertops so that the integrity of your stone is not damaged. Using acidic cleaners might cause etching on your stone and so pick penetrating cleaners with a high PH balance to get rid of stains.
We manufacture an incredible tile and grout cleaner – Imperia Deep Clean, which is a deep soaking cleaner. It penetrates deep inside the surface of the tile and grout and eliminates the mold, mildew and stains at the root level. You can remove stains from granite floors and countertops and make them stain-free using Imperia Deep Clean.
Here is How you can Use Imperia Deep Clean on Granite floors and Countertops:
- Begin by filling your sprayer bottle with the concentrated solution of Imperia Deep Clean.
- Next, fill the sprayer bottle with hot water up to 1 gallon.
- Also fill the second bottle with hot water, which will be later used to neutralize the granite surface and wash off the remnants.
- You can also add some alcohol to the neutralizer to help dry the granite surface quickly.
- Now spray the solution on the countertop and allow to dry for some time.
- Again spray another coat of Imperia Deep Clean and immediately start scrubbing with soft cloth.
- Retract the remnants and wipe off with a clean wet cloth at last.
How to Prevent the Stains from Occurring Again?
After cleaning of granite floors and countertops, you cannot guarantee that the stains will not form again. You need a high-quality sealer to seal granite stone so that the stains do not attack the surface again. Such a sealer forms a protective barrier on the surface, thereby preventing further moisture absorption and staining.
For granite countertops and granite floors sealing, we manufacture Valore Sealer. It is our high quality sealer, which can be used to seal glass doors as well. It creates a waterproof surface and prevents further staining. Valore sealer also gives a very sleek and natural appearance unlike other low quality sealers which are very bulky. It forms a protective barrier on your granite surfaces, preventing the grease and sticky stains to settle.
Here is How you can Use Valore Sealer:
- After your surface is clean and dry, you can seal it with Valore Sealer.
- Just spray Valore Sealer directly on granite surfaces.
- Let dry.
- You will find a faint sheen on the granite floors and countertops after Valore Sealer dries.
- Your surface is not protected and further deep-rooted staining will be prevented.
Maintenance Cleaning and Sealing:
Once your granite floors and countertops have been deep cleaned by Imperia Deep Clean and sealed by Valore Sealer, you might still find some superfluous stains that can be removed by using our maintenance cleaner – Imperia Maintenance or Valore Maintenance.
This is how you can clean and seal your granite countertops using our incredible products and make them stain-free for long. So quickly grab our restoration kit and restore your surfaces like new.